Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Space in Progress

So, in October of last year, I moved to Washington, DC. I moved into an apartment with Ashley (a close friend from undergrad). We have a cute little 2 bed 2 bath apartment in the northeast side of town. Its perfect for two young ladies. When I first moved here, I didn't have a job and I had very little savings. Since I'm a "responsible adult", I had to make a lot of decisions about what I wanted and what I needed. I decided that I probably shouldn't spend too much money on furnishing my bedroom and bathroom, without a job and savings. Right now, I only have a mattress and box spring and a floor lamp. That's it. I have a closet which holds some of my clothes and everything else is still in my suit cases.

I found a job in November (Thank God!). And I've been living rather modestly and saving up for the past  nine months. I wanted to make sure that I had my act together, before I start having fun with my space. I'm still on a very very VERY small budget. So, I'll be looking out for as many deals and savings as possible. And, I'll probably have to do some DIY projects too (yay!)

I want to share with you guys my journey to my new bedroom and bathroom. I hope you enjoy reading just as much as I enjoy decorating. This is my first attempt at interior decorating so, I welcome (and need) all tips and comments. Stay tuned!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment